|Conversion action||Online purchase with processed valid payment|
|Cookie days||90 day(s)|
|Commission type||Percent of Sale|
|Additional terms||Each time a new client or customer uses your referral link to place an order on our store for any product, your account will be credited 10% commission. Commission payments are paid 30 day(s) after the end of the day they are approved.|
We're on a mission to introduce science and precision into an industry that has been a guessing game for so long. We’ve created this exciting opportunity to partner with thought leaders, influencers and beauty professionals to guarantee that your audience receives the best customized products designed exclusively for their hair. When your community uses Strands, their hair will get the tailored ingredients it needs every time, and you'll get rewarded on each order!Are you ready to become a Strands partner? We would like to know more about you here.
In consideration of participating in the Program, You agree to the following terms:
The affiliate program pays percentage commissions on customer purchases completed through your unique referral code to click through and buy any Strands' listed products. The program commissions are presented on the "Commission & Business Details" section of the Program Application page. This program begins on May 1, 2020, and will continue without expiration until Strands manually terminates the offer. Strands reserves the right to cease affiliate marketing operations at any time for any reason with one or all affiliates. Although not explicitly followed as a matter of policy, if Strands ceases any affiliate operations, we will provide fair and ample termination notice and individually evaluate existing affiliate campaigns to determine exact end dates on a case-by-case basis.
Payouts will not occur until after each referral’s 30 day return period expires to ensure such purchases are genuine. Supply chain times may vary due to raw material sourcing, manufacturing, and shipping from Los Angeles, CA to respective destinations. Please understand these times as part of customized product business constraints. Also, note that Strands aims to maintain a constant inventory of products and materials to mitigate any shipping delays.
Under no circumstances shall You send commercial electronic mail messages as defined in the new Federal spam law, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 [the “Act”], concerning Strand’s Program. For clarification, this does not prohibit you from sending transactional or relationship messages as defined in the Act. Strands reserves the right to collect, withhold, or cancel any and all compensation related to the content an affiliate sends via commercial electronic mail messages if marketing methods are unethical or otherwise unprofessional from a marketing campaign perspective. If marketing campaigns are found to be below the standards of Strands' preferred marketing tact, we may request that You alter marketing methods to continue a business relationship with Strands.
The tools, products and creative assets (collectively, “Assets”) that is provided to You by Strands, Refersion and Shopify provide valuable information vital to the success of the Program, including information that helps make sure transactions generated by You are properly attributed to You for Payout calculations. Thus, each of these Assets must be used in their intended manners as instructed by Refersion. You agree that You will not corrupt, modify or disable the tracking functionality provided to You related to the Program.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit, TikTok and other social media platforms is permitted, following these general guidelines:
You ARE ALLOWED to promote offers to your lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your social media pages. For example, you may post, “$10 off sale at Strands with code EXAMPLE10.”
You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on Strands' Social Media company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
You shall include a disclosure statement within any and all pages/posts where affiliate links for our affiliate program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement. If you received the product for free for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure.
Strands reserves the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.
Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy:
You are not forthcoming; you are intentionally vague, or you are found to be lying.
You are not responsive within a reasonable period and after multiple attempts to make contact using the information listed in your network profile.
You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
If any of the above apply, then we reserve the absolute right to suspend you from the program, reverse orders, modify affiliate payouts, set your commission to 0%, or immediately terminate your participation in our affiliate program. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however, it is incumbent upon each affiliate to ensure that it has the appropriate checks and balances in place to pro-actively address these issues and adhere to our program rules.
Your participating website(s) may not:
Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other rights.
Violate any law, rule, or regulation.
Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography, or sexually explicit or adult-related materials.
Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert, or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website.
As a condition of participation in the Program, You agree that its solicitation activities on behalf of Strands within Connecticut, Illinois, Tennessee, and New York (hereinafter “these states”) shall be limited to only providing a link to affiliate’s website to Strands' website. You acknowledge that under current law in these states, further solicitation and promotional activities may render Strands liable for collecting sales tax on all sales to customers in these states. Therefore, as a condition of participation in the Program, You are prohibited from engaging in any solicitation activities in these states intended to refer potential customers to Strands', including, but not limited to: distributing flyers, newsletters, and other printed materials, or electronic equivalents of such materials engaging in verbal solicitation, including in-person referrals or initiating telephone calls sending emails designed to refer customers to Strands.
You further acknowledge that state tax laws are subject to change at any time, and such changes may render affiliates in certain states ineligible for continued participation in the Program. Strands reserves the right to remove any affiliate from the Program at any time and for any reason.
Occasionally we may share information that is confidential in nature, such information will be identified as confidential and You are expected to maintain this information in the strictest confidence. Any disclosure of confidential information will terminate this agreement and result in legal action.
Include language around non-exclusive, royalty free licenses to any content created by You.
You will be a United States of America based Brand Ambassador for Strands, the territory for a U.S brand ambassador shall be within the U.S exclusively and all U.S territories.
You acknowledge and hereby agrees to to grant Strands Hair Care, Inc the unlimited and unencumbered use of any and all work product developed by You in conjunction with the performance of services for Strands Hair Care Inc. Work product includes but is not limited to all social media posts, pictures, images, videos, recordings, taglines, hashtags, posts, commentary, and designs.
You acknowledge and agree that you have read all product warning labels, that you are over the age of 18, and you have no medical condition that prevents you from taking and using our products; all products provided as part of this relationship may not be re-sold.
You agree to hold Strands Hair Care, Inc, its officers, agents, assignees and employees harmless for any liability from any injury or damage arising from the use or promotion of any Endorsed Product.
You are retained as an independent contractor of Strands Hair Care, Inc. You acknowledge and agrees that (i) You are solely responsible for the manner and form by which You perform under this Agreement, and (ii) You are a self-employed individual, who performs services similar to the services outlined in the attached Schedule of Services for various entities and individuals other than Strands Hair Care, Inc.. You are responsible for the withholding and payment of all taxes and other assessments arising out of your performance of services, and neither You nor any of your employees or independent clients shall be entitled to participate in any employee benefit plans of Strands Hair Care, Inc.
This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. In the event that arbitration is unsuccessful, you agree to submit to the venue and personal jurisdiction in any state or federal court sitting in the Los Angeles County, State of California in any action or proceeding arising out of or related, directly or indirectly, to this agreement.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Site.
• In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
• When and where available, through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
• Via our scientists and labs.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not collect or maintain information from people we actually know are under 18 years old. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years old, we will use our best efforts to remove that person’s information from our database. If Strands Hair Care becomes aware that a customer is under 18, it will delete the account and remove all personal data from our systems.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other information;
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as, time and date of visits to our Site; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to or purchasing our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
• Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (“behavioral tracking”). Please email us at [email protected] for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Site and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Site, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at [email protected] to opt out.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified information about our customers, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred, and you agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided by us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending an email stating your request to [email protected].
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative via their website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, or to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or other encryption technology, or will use our third party payment processors, who will use appropriate security procedures.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.